Last updated: April 2018
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company and “you” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our service.
The Company’s telephone number and address can be found on the Company’s website.
In compliance with Mauritius’ Data Protection principles, including transparency, accountability, and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information, the Company follows the policy as stated below.
Processing means broadly anything done with the Personal Information, including collection, usage, storage, dissemination, modification or destruction (whether such processing is automated or not). Some of the obligations under the Data Protection principles are to:
- only collect information that you need for a specific purpose
- apply reasonable security measures to protect it
- ensure it is relevant and up to date
- only hold as much as you need, and only for as long as you need it
- allow the subject of the information to see it upon request
Information You Provide
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, and other information that you provide by filling out our web forms; this includes information provided at the time of registering, posting material, or requesting services
- Billing information, such as credit card numbers and billing address
- Unique identifiers, such as username or password
The Company also collects the following non-personal information, if you provide it:
- Information about your business, such as company name, company size, and business type
- Demographic information, such as age, education, gender, interests, and postal code
- Details of transactions based on your activities on the site, and the fulfilment of our orders
- Correspondence with other users, blogs or social media platforms that you send through the Company, and correspondence sent to the Company.
- If you contact us, the Company may keep a record of that correspondence.
Information Obtained from Third Parties and Other Sources
The Company obtains credit information about you from an outside credit reporting agency to help us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions.
As is true of most websites, the Company automatically gathers information about your computer, such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. This may also include information collected from surveys or contests, which may include contact information and demographic information.
If you provide personal information about others, or if others give us your information, the Company will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided.
How The Company Use the Information You Provide
The Company may use this information in the following ways:
- To send you an order or cancelation confirmation, or notify you about changes in service
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Company’s products or services, when you choose to do so
- To assess your needs to determine suitable products
- To send you requested product or service information
- To prevent, discover, and investigate violations of applicable Terms and Conditions
- To respond to customer service requests
- To administer your account
- To send you a newsletter
- To send you marketing communications
- To administer contests and sweepstakes you entered, and notify you if you won
- To provide the financial services you requested
- To respond to your questions and concerns
- To improve the Company’s website and marketing efforts
- To conduct research and analysis
- To display content based upon your interests
- To facilitate your transactions with other users
You may choose to stop receiving the Company’s newsletters or marketing emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those communications, or you can contact us.
You may at several different points on the Company’s websites request information (e.g., how to become an advertiser, or how to become a member). To submit a request using the forms provided on the website, you must supply contact information (e.g., name, email, phone number). This information is used by the Company to provide the information requested.
The Company posts customer testimonials that may contain personally identifiable information, such as the customer’s name. The Company obtains customer consent to post names prior to posting the testimonial. If you want to remove personal information that is being publicly displayed on the Company’s website, contact us via email or telephone.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The Company may, in compliance with applicable law, combine your information with information lawfully acquired from other organisations, and use it to improve and personalise services, content, and advertising.
The Company may also provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help with our business activities, such as offering customer service. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- With service providers under contract to help with business operations (such as fraud investigations, debt collection, affiliate and rewards programs, and co-branded credit cards);
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When the Company believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect rights or safety, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so;
- The Company may share your personal information with other companies so that they can market their products or services to you. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact us.
- The Company makes your contact information available to other users that you interact to help complete the transaction.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Important things to know about cookies:
You may disable cookies if your browser permits. The exact procedure will vary from browser to browser, but on most browsers the help section will tell you how to prevent your browser from automatically accepting cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether
The Company offers certain features that are available only using cookies.
You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages (for example, advertisers), but the Company has no access to or control over these cookies.
The Company uses your IP address to help diagnose server problems, and to administer our website. The Company uses your IP addresses to analyse trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Every time you access the Company’s website, some data is temporarily stored and processed in a log file, such as anonymous IP addresses, the browser types, the recalled page, or the date and time of the recall. These data are only evaluated for statistical purposes, to help us diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our sites, or to improve our offer.
The Company’s webpages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyse how the websites are used and may be used in some emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows the Company to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
Links to Other Websites
Information Retention and Deletion
The Company retains your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that the Company no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us. The Company will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Storage of Information; Transmission
All information you provide is stored on a secure server. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where the Company has given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. The Company asks you not to share a password with anyone.
Monitoring of Communications
When the Company collects personal information directly from you, it follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted: both during transmission and once received it is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). The Company does its best to protect your personal data. Once your information is received, the Company uses strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, its absolute security cannot be guaranteed; any transmission is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on the Company’s website, contact us.
The Company has a companywide commitment to your privacy. To make sure your personal information is secure, please check that you are visiting our Company authorised website. The Company’s emails will only come from this domain. The Company does not permit our employees to send or receive work-related emails from personal accounts or any other address. Do not share your username or password with anyone.
Additional Policy Information
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Note to Parents or Guardians
Minors may want to visit the Company on the Internet. However, the site is not directed at children under the age of 18, and those under the age of 18 should not provide personal data on the site unless they have received permission from their parents before submitting any personal information. The Company believes parents should be responsible for supervising the online activities of their children and consider various tools that allow them to provide their children with a controlled, child-friendly Internet. These tools are designed to preclude children from releasing personal information online without the permission of their parents. If the Company becomes aware that a minor has submitted information on its site, the Company reserves the right to request proof that the parent or guardian has permitted use by the minor of the site; otherwise the Company reserves the right to delete the relevant information and the minor’s registration on the site.